Girl Scout Workshop: Design and 3D Print Jewelry
$30 per appointment•Purchase required to enroll
About this Workshop
Engaging in STEM opportunities are so important for young women and this workshop is designed to lower the barriers and use relevant topics to get girls thinking, designing and printing in 3D.
This class will cover:
- How 3D printers work
- Design strategies for setting up projects so they print the way they’re supposed to
- All the settings needed for tuning before pressing the “print” button, including: print resolution, infills, rafts, brims, bridging and standard support structures, PLUS techniques for custom supports so your print doesn’t collapse
- An awesome 3D printed object that will generate curiosity and conversation from friends and family. When they ask about the object, you can casually respond with “Oh that? I 3D printed it last week. No big deal.”
- A positive STEM experience
- This workshop costs $25 per scout and includes all the materials necessary.
- When booking the appointment a single enrollment is charged which reserves the time for the group
- Final payment is due at the time of the workshop depending on the number of scouts to attend.
Call Steve at 301-588-8833 or email email@example.com if you need help getting your workshop booked!