Creative Sewing Camp
$445•Purchase required to enroll
About this Camp:
Learn the practical art of sewing while taking full advantage of the technology of the makerspace in this full-day summer camp. Projects will include
- Drawstring bags
- Quilted pot holders
- Sewable circuits
- Upcycling old clothing (if time allows)
In addition, campers will learn how to:
- Use basic handsewing techniques
- Set up and operate a sewing machine
- Use the laser cutter to create custom appliques
- Build an electronic circuit with LEDs, power source, and conductive thread
- Awesome, personalized projects to take home at the end of the week to be used and enjoyed on a daily basis
- An hands-on experience at the intersection of art and technology
- Introduction to sewing machines, plus several pieces of equipment in the Catylator workshop
- Sewing skills to draw on in years to come!
This camp must have a minimum of four campers and a maximum of six.
Catylator Camp programs are taught by adults with many years experience and are targeted for fifth graders through ninth graders. The camps run from 9am to 3pm.
Save 10% on the second (or more) camp(s) after you have registered for the first camp - also applies to siblings. Discount does not apply to the first camp. Use coupon code CAMP1710.